Is there something higher than roasted cauliflower? Roasting cauliflower offers it such a wealthy caramelized taste and wonderful texture–crisp on the skin and velvety on the within. On this recipe for Complete Roasted Cauliflower with Shawarma Spice and Herbed Vegan Yogurt, it’s all about these wonderful spice flavors which might be amplified within the roasting course of. Complete roasted cauliflower is spectacular, because it seems to be so fairly to serve the entire cauliflower head with a stunning golden roasted floor. Simply slice in and serve. This vegetable dish is fantastically served at your desk for easy meals, vacation dinners, and events. And the unimaginable vegan yogurt dip is the proper accompaniment for this zesty cauliflower dish, too. Whereas this recipe seems to be fairly elegant and connoisseur, it’s really fairly simple! You may get the entire recipe on the desk in about 1 hour, with solely about 10 minutes of that point spent cooking it. Simply put collectively the opposite components of your meal whereas the cauliflower is roasting.
The key of this unimaginable complete roasted cauliflower recipe is the shawarma spice mix, which is a standard Center Japanese spice mix made with cumin pods, sumac berries, turmeric, black pepper, and extra. Yow will discover it in nicely stocked retailers or Mediterranean markets, or make it your self. Discover ways to make shawarma spice mix right here. One other secret of this recipe is the herbed vegan yogurt dip. It’s simply a straightforward cultured yogurt dip made with garlic, recent herbs, and salt and pepper. I like to make use of plain cultured coconut or almond vegan yogurt manufacturers to make this recipe.
This vegan, gluten-free, tremendous simple Complete Roasted Cauliflower with Shawarma Spice and Herbed Vegan Yogurt is your go-to spectacular, delicious vegetable facet dish for weeknight dinners, vacation dinners, and events.
Complete Roasted Cauliflower:
Herbed Vegan Yogurt:
- 8 ounces vegan cultured yogurt, plain, unsweetened (i.e., coconut, almond, oat)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped recent chives (or 1 teaspoon dried chives)
- 2 tablespoons chopped recent parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 2 tablespoons chopped recent mint (or 1 teaspoon dried mint)
- Pinch salt (non-compulsory)
- Pinch black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim any leaves off the cauliflower head and the stem, utilizing warning to not disrupt the pinnacle of cauliflower (you need to maintain it complete). Place it on the middle of the baking sheet. Pour water within the baking sheet to assist maintain cauliflower from drying out.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively olive oil, shawarma seasoning, garlic, and salt.
- Brush the olive oil combination evenly over the floor of the cauliflower.
- Place the baking sheet within the middle of the oven, uncovered. Bake for 40 minutes, brushing any spice combination from the pan again over the floor of the cauliflower half manner by way of this time period.
- Take away from the oven, brush any spice combination from pan again over the floor, and sprinkle the slivered almonds excessive of the cauliflower. Return to the oven and bake for about 10 extra minutes, till the cauliflower could be very tender when a knife is inserted and the almonds are golden. Take away from the oven.
- Whereas cauliflower is baking, put together the Herbed Vegan Yogurt by mixing collectively yogurt, garlic, chives, parsley, mint, salt (non-compulsory), and black pepper in a small serving dish.
- Serve cauliflower complete on the baking dish or a platter. Serve with the herbed vegan yogurt on the facet, drizzling it over the cauliflower earlier than consuming it.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 50 minutes
- Class: Aspect Dish
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 127
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 76 mg
- Fats: 9 g
- Saturated Fats: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 4 g
Key phrases: complete roasted cauliflower, Shawarma Spice, Shawarma Spice mix, vegan yogurt
For different vegetable facet dishes, take a look at a few of my favorites:
Roasted Winter Greens with Za’atar
Balsamic Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussel Sprouts with Farro
Mushrooms in Marsala Sauce
Sesame Soy Glazed Roasted Japanese Candy Potatoes
Grilled Shishito Peppers with Lemon and Cilantro
Lime Dill Roasted Asparagus
Candy Potato Dwelling Fries with Zucchini
As an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases. For extra details about affiliate hyperlinks, click on right here.