Listed below are some pics of our home’s exterior and the brand new DIY storage shed that changed our storage storage.
It’s Thomas’s birthday! So what higher day to share his finally-finished house renovation that he put a lot blood and sweat into (minimal tears : ) ) The grass has grown again after we tore it as much as change our water line, and he has completed his three exterior initiatives that he delay till after we have been moved again in. If you happen to’d prefer to see the complete inside tour, take a look at the Residence Tour Publish.
Listed below are a number of polished pics of the outside shot by Cramer Picture! You may see the facet porch and trash storage that Thomas constructed himself, after which the brand new DIY storage shed is within the again. (It doesn’t look almost as fairly when our vehicles are within the driveway : ) )
Earlier than + Afters
Manner Earlier than
(see extra earlier than pics right here: Our Home Earlier than)
Simply Earlier than (Final January)
The grey is definitely the identical shade, simply refreshed within the renovation. It appears to be like hotter as a result of solar setting on it.
- Brick paint: Sherwin Williams Fawn Brindle
- Entrance door paint: Benjamin Moore Stratton Blue
- White trim paint: Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace
- Home windows: Andersen E-series casements in black
- Roof: Englert Steel, 26 gauge standing seam in Charcoal grey
As most of you recognize, we turned our storage right into a kitchen and facet porch, and prolonged the roof excessive, turning the roof deck we by no means used into completed dwelling house with giant walk-in closets and a storage room.
We didn’t use our storage for our vehicles – it was tiny and a automotive solely would have match if there was nothing else within the storage! In all probability as a result of it was inbuilt 1960. Truly, it might have been an addition as a result of it was an ungainly field on the facet of the home.
Since we thought extra completed house and a much bigger customized kitchen have been far more precious to us than a spider-filled storage, we determined it will go. We knew we may divide the issues within the storage into 4 classes:
- Don’t want / donate
- Transfer inside to the storage room (coolers, seaside chairs, sports activities tools, even the bikes!)
- Yard provides (garden mower, shovels, rakes, instruments)
- Trash cans
I don’t miss the storage one bit! All the things is a lot happier saved inside.
We solved the trash can storage with our new Hidden Trash Can Storage. Thomas constructed this himself, and it’s truly approach higher than opening a storage door to entry the trash. I like that it’s related to the porch so you possibly can put on slippers to go on the market. And there’s additional room for bins too! The wooden will fade over time.
DIY Storage Shed
Then there was the issue of all of the backyard instruments, garden mower, and so forth. We debated a number of completely different choices:
- A ready-made instrument shed (like this one). We have been involved with the standard and the place it will go. They’re so low-cost!! We thought it would have the ability to go on our higher patio in opposition to the home. I used to be additionally nervous about blocking the window within the Peloton room.
- A giant yard shed. You realize those that appear to be playhouses or barns? We don’t have an incredible flat spot for one, and they’re additionally fairly costly (a number of thousand for a pleasant one).
- One thing on the again of the home. We’ve got the house, beneath the porch. We thought of wall cabinets, nevertheless it wanted to have the ability to lock and be higher protected against the weather.
We went with choice #3: a DIY shed
This space was complete useless house beneath the porch. We didn’t use it, and it wasn’t fairly. It’s additionally largely protected against the weather because the porch on prime has a roof. So it was the winner for the realm for storage. Thomas began constructing!
Step 1: Body it out
He was capable of conceal that huge white kitchen drain pipe inside, which was an additional plus. My solely opinion was please don’t block the home windows. He acquired inside a millimeter, however adopted go well with.
Step 2: Add a plywood roof, flooring, and doorways
Step 3: Paint it to match the home
Step 4: Add a lock
Step 5: Fill it up!
He even mounted the outdated cabinets from our storage to the home (the again wall) so he can retailer his backyard and garden issues.
The brand new electrical garden mower suits in there properly because it folds up. There’s room for extra instruments.
It’s not fancy, nevertheless it’s all his!
Pleased birthday, Thomas!
You may also like: